Ready to submit?
So you’ve done your research, written it up, and are about to submit. Have a look at this checklist to make sure you’ve included everything you need to. Before submitting your manuscript, thoroughly check its quality once again for correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Evaluate it critically—could anything be done better?
What to check
- Is your article clear, concise, and accessible?
- Have you stuck to the article length specified in the journal’s instructions for authors?
- Have you included an abstract and keywords, highlighting your article’s key points?
- Have you included the name and affiliation of any/all co-authors?
- Is your article formatted to the style required by the journal?
- Are all references made to the literature included in your references section?
- Have you got written permission for the reproduction of any images/ figures/tables, etc?
- Have you checked the journal’s peer-review policy, as you may need to make your paper anonymous?
- Are all files in the correct file format and of the appropriate resolution or size?
- Have you submitted the copyright declaration available in the journal website?
- Have you included information about the research funding in the paper?